Cape Town – Police have reportedly said that they have completed their investigation into complaints of kidnapping and obstruction of justice against Patriotic Alliance leader Gayton McKenzie in the Joshlin Smith case.
McKenzie, who actively searched for the missing six-year-old in Saldanha Bay last year, admitted to assisting the child’s mother, Kelly Smith.
[WATCH] Minister of Sports, Arts and Culture, Gayton McKenzie, says he has never interfered in the Joshlin Smith investigation. The little girl went missing last year, and her mother, Kelly Smith, is one of the accused in her disappearance. pic.twitter.com/SYiU5c2nmt
— SABC News (@SABCNews) March 28, 2025